That word.

It seems I love the word that. Spent the day editing my books again, removing most of the that’s. Hopefully the changes make my books better to read.

Bess’s and Mira’s story is getting closer to being finished. I have about 16,000 words left on it.

Bess and Mira.

It’s been about two weeks since I’ve written an update on what I’m working on. Currently, Bess’s and Mira’s story is coming together, and I have about 16,000 words done for it. As usual, I plan to try to reach 50,000 words, so I expect that their story will be complete sometime in November.

Writing, and working.

With my 10,000 word short story completed, I’m back working on Bess’s and Mira’s story for Dyalessia Games. So far, I have 3,000 words written for the second book, and I hope to get it published sometime in November.

The shorter story that I’ve completed isn’t something that I’m going to publish until October, because it ties in with book two of Bastet’s Daughters, and that second book I haven’t even started yet, even though I have some ideas on what I want to include in it.

I should have posted this over the weekend, but time slipped away from me. So, I posted this today instead. It probably will be my last post for awhile, since I’ll be busy writing instead. At least, until I know how far I’ve gotten on Bess’s and Mira’s book.

My error (Table of Contents)

I apologize to everyone, I thought that my Table of Contents in my two books worked the way that they were supposed to, but it turns out that I was mistaken. So my apologies for not realizing that the links were not working. However, I have fixed both of the TOCs, so now they should work the way they are supposed to in a Ereader. They did work in my .doc file, but not in the Ereader file.

Sorry again!

Done, done, done.

I didn’t post a word count update last week because I was working on getting the rest of the manuscript written. Now that I finished that tonight, I’ll work on editing everything over the weekend, and publish this urban fantasy/romance next week.

Then I have to finish the shorter tale that I started, which is set in the same world as the one that I just finished. I hope to get that tale published in a week or two, since it’s half written, and less words.

After that, it’s back to Dyalessia Games for Bess’s and Mira’s book, allowing me to write a more light-hearted book compared to the urban fantasy one.

Words, and more words.

I was busy over the weekend and yesterday, so this post didn’t get written until today (Tuesday).

Today I almost reached 40,000 words in the novel, so next week I may share a teaser or two, or maybe the cover. My shorter story (which is set in the same world, but with a different characters) has about 5,000 words written for it. I plan on only making that a 20,000 word story though, depending on how things work out.

Next week I should reach my goal of 50,000 words for this novel, then I’ll work on edits. If everything goes the plan, I should have the book for sale probably during the second week of September.

Then it’s back to working on the second book for Dyalessia Games, as well as finishing that shorter story.

Okay, that’s all for this week. I’ll update again next week.

Social Media and an update on word count.

Since it’s the weekend, that means it’s time to do some promoting and getting together my social media pages that I’ve been neglecting. So, I now have a Twitter account and I’ve also set up a Facebook page for my writing.

As for my writing, I’ve reached over 31,000 words on my current novel, so in a few weeks I might have it finished, edited, and ready to publish. I’ve also written a little for my next Dyalessia Games novel, as well as a novelette that is set in the same world as the novel I’m currently writing.

Weekly word count update.

With the words that I wrote last week and tonight, I’ve hit just over 20,000 words.

I’m happy with that amount and this new book is coming together a lot faster than the eight months my first one took to write. If I can manage to keep writing at least 1,000 words a day during the weekdays, I’ll should reach 50,000 in about five weeks.

So I’m thinking that my next book could be on sale sometime in September. Depending on how things go, I may post a snippet or two in August as a way to garner some interest before putting the book up for sale once it feels like it’s finished.

Next week I’ll have another update on how the word count is coming along, of course.

It’s coming along.

I’ve been pushing myself to write more than my max amount of words per day that I wrote for Alex’s and Christie’s book, so this new book is coming together a lot faster. Tonight I hit 10k words, which makes me very happy. However, I’m taking a break from Dyalessia Games and working on a different character and setting, one that is more urban/supernatural fantasy/romance.

That said, I have a few paragraphs written for a second book for Dyalessia Games even if that second book isn’t my current project. This second book will be about Bess, some of her adventures in growing up, and how she met Mira.

So the woman of Dyalessia will return.

I even have some thoughts that I haven’t written down yet and they’re for Melody’s story as well as some ideas for Sunny’s story even if those two books aren’t written and published right away.

That’s my weekly update for this week. I’ll be back next week with another update.